It is a well-known fact that the online business world is evolving rapidly and you have to overcome various challenges in order to ensure a good ROI for your enterprise. Marketing is one of the key areas that define the success of any business, and you need a cost-effective marketing tool to keep ahead of the competition. This is where explainer videos come in.
What are Explainer Videos?
Basically, explainer videos are short videos that introduce your business to potential clients by explaining your products or services on offer. They can vary in length depending on the information they want to convey, although the generally accepted runtime of such videos is between 30 seconds and 4 minutes.
7 Reasons for Having Explainer Videos on Your Business Website
Let us take a closer look at why explainer videos are so crucial for your business website.
· Improves User Engagement - A recent study by Microsoft revealed that the attention span of humans has reduced to 8 seconds nowadays. That’s less than the attention span of a goldfish! So, irrespective of how informative your textual content is, it will still be tough to hold a potential client’s attention. However, an explainer video is sure to attract their attention.
· Explains Your Product and Services Better - By creating an explainer video to showcase your product or service, you are helping your users understand it better. An astounding 98% of users have claimed that they have learnt more about a product or service by watching an explainer video. Textual content just can’t have the same effect. Explainer videos are a perfect combination of information, entertainment and simplicity.
· Boosts Conversion Rates and Sales - Many consumers are wary about buying any product online because they can’t see how it functions in real life. You can get them to convert and go for a purchase by providing a short video that explains the working of your product.
· Improves SEO Scores and Increases Traffic - By embedding an explainer video in your website, you are encouraging visitors to stay on it for a longer duration. Google’s SEO algorithms absolutely love this increase in viewer time, and consequently, your SEO score improves. In this way, you can direct more and more traffic to your website.
· Makes Your Product or Service Memorable - Explainer videos enable you to communicate with your audience in the way they prefer - viewing rather than reading! Most users don’t remember an article they had read 2 years ago, but they definitely remember a video advertisement they had seen on the television 2 years ago. That is the true power of an explainer video. It will stick to the user’s head and help them remember your product or service at all times.
· Enhances Your Brand - A catchy and entertaining explainer video will enhance the overall brand image of your company. Good explainer videos will be liked, commented upon and eventually shared by users on social media and other platforms, thereby increasing the visibility of your brand and turning users into followers, and followers into dedicated advocates of your brand.
· Appeals to Mobile Internet Users - YouTube has reported that mobile video consumption increases by approximately 100% per year. In addition, Google has stated that smartphone users are 1.4 times likelier to feel a personal connection with brands that show video content as compared to desktop users. These stats can’t lie. Your brand will get bigger every time a smartphone user comes across your explainer video. It’s as simple as that.
The end point is that explainer videos are an extremely easy and useful way of connecting with your potential clients, engaging their attention and increasing your conversion rates. Every business can dramatically benefit by making use of explainer videos on their website.