Way back in the early and mid-90’s, when the internet was a relatively new concept for most people around the world and AOL ruled the web world, web design was not the complicated monster it has become in today’s world. Now web design companies all over the world are constantly evolving and changing the very perception of what good web design actually means.
In this blog post, we will talk about the predicted, emerging and already established rules of a good web design for 2019:
· Simple is the New Beautiful – Something that has been passed on and advocated from the past couple of years, web designers are constantly making us realize that a simple website means a website that is easier to use for users. Visitors get very confused and frustrated nowadays when the have to scan through tons of content and images just to find what they’re looking for. Keep it simple, keep it minimal, keep it easy to use.
· Design is Still Paramount – Keeping a website simple doesn’t mean that you compromise on its design. After all, you don’t have to dress up like a peacock just to make a good impression in real life, right? The same goes for a website. The overall look of your website should captivate visitors at first glance.
· Maintain Consistency in Colours – Colours can literally make or break a website. At some point of time, we have all laid our eyes on a website that is painful on the eyes! So make use of a consistent colour palette on your entire website and ensure that colours don’t clash with each other, otherwise your website won’t look good irrespective of other good design elements.
· Responsiveness is Key – In today’s day and age, people all over the world will access your website using a whole wide variety of devices – from smartphones to tablets, and from laptops and desktops. In such a scenario, it is imperative that your website displays correctly despite the device and screen size being used.
· Keep the Various Browsers in Mind – In a perfect world, browsers would render website pages in the same manner, but the hard truth is that they don’t. So make it a point to test your website on multiple browsers to ensure that everything fits and looks correct. In the end, this too will affect the overall visual design of your website.
· Bear in Mind the Content Too – Designers don’t like to hear this too much, but even if a website is beautifully designed, ultimately it is just an empty shell without good content. So ensure that your website does not only look good, but also has unique, worthy content that makes it worth visiting again and again.
The nuances of web design will keep changing – a fact that no one can deny. However, for this year, just keep the aforementioned tips in mind and you will be good to go!
To read about the 4 absolute web design essentials relevant even today, click here.